Friday 16 September 2011

NEIM1031MKII DSP Audio Filter - Again


Well the BHI NEIM1031 MKII that I was very happy about in this post unfortunately developed a fault. The noise cancelling function would intermittently switch off and the output from the unit would sound like the filter level was stuck at full, giving a very metallic sound to the audio. Phoned up BHI Ltd and spoke to Graham who was extremely helpful. Posted the faulty unit to them and they ended up sending me a new unit. Graham initially mentioned it might be a dry solder joint but after inspection looked like a component failure, 'a very rare occurence' said Graham, 'we don't get many faults on these'. So I am now very happy again with my noise filter and after spending a few weeks without it I released how much difference it makes, especially with stations that have a low signal in the background static, definitely does make the difference between able understand them or not. I highly recommend this unit for anyone without a built in DSP on their radios. Many thanks to Graham at BHI

No comments: