Monday 9 May 2011

CQ CQ DX


Conditions are looking up on the 11 meter band, especially around the 'gray zone' time (evenings), South America, Caribbean, Middle East and North African Stations could be heard over the weekend, on Sunday afternoon the band was very quiet but I heard a station from Italy, 1RB072 - Max, I gave him a call and he responded, unfortunately conditions were very poor at the time and he did not catch my call sign, but I sent him an eQSL anyway, I was just please he actually heard me during a time of such poor propagation conditions, which makes me very happy with my Radio and Antenna (which is still in it's temporary position on a wooden pole in the garden).

5 comments:

Stu said...

WP07 is here ready for rig testing..... and standing by...

defscan said...

You got your Cobra dusted off and firedup?

Stu said...

No, but that can and will be arranged ;)

Stu said...

Just been looking at a picture of my Cobra in it's "Superstar 360 FM" disguise...and getting that itch for a listen!
I know I've got a fancy new twig floating about somewhere that's never been used, and a high power PSU, but not sure if I've got any coax. Will have to dig it all out when I get time. Might even be worth bringing it over to your place and running it alongside your rig one of the nights :)

defscan said...

Yes when you are all sorted we will have to arrange something. Got some coax here about 10 meter and 40 meter length (the 40 meters is in use until I get something else sorted with the Antenna.